Apr 8, 2008

I'm not dead. Really.

Yes, I'll admit that this blog is on life support.

Five months ago, my wife and doubled the size of our family, and frankly, blogging has fallen even farther down the list of things I should do.

How much time and energy do the little ones require? My fanatical devotion to fanatical exercise has also taken an extreme hit.

What's funny is that during this amazing dry spell (3 posts in nine months!) I've been asked many times about blogging. How you do it technically. How you do it strategically. I always mumble about the technical stuff but then proclaim loud and clear that you must post often and regularly. Fortunately, no one to whom I tell this seems to have bothered checking my own blog output.

I made a New Year's resolution to post one time per week. Cough. Then I changed that to one time per month. Double cough. Now, I think I'll be happy with one every six weeks. We'll see.

Some link goodness:
Fora.tv
The Long Now Foundation
Tiny URL

3 comments:

EVK4 said...

Cool, I'll see you on May 20!

Reading material: http://www.slate.com/id/2140095/

Richard Thompson said...

You're being spied on from France. I totally understand the guilt of not blogging. The patches of silence often say more than the posts. They tell me that you're taking care of who and what is most important in life. Post when you've got something to say and when you've got time to say it right. Peace.

PS. Just Add Water is now on my Netvibes "Friends' Blogs" tab.

BTW: it's longnow.org.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is hysterical. I just left a similar post, without having read yours. Mwah!